Mold the perfect narrative for your business with seasoned storyteller Terence Mickey.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
1-5 PM - WORKSHOP
7-9 PM - EVENT: Storytelling Showdown
We connect and engage through stories. People remember, learn from and respond to stories. Underlying all of our communication, whether a pitch or a presentation or a memo, is a story-based structure that captures the imagination of the audience.
By learning the principles of crafting a story, you can transform your communications into compelling narratives. These principles will provide you with a process to connect with your audience on a visceral and emotional level, whether you are telling your personal story or communicating on behalf of your business.
- 30 minutes - What is a Story? - A presentation with examples will introduce the basic principles of narrative as an editing tool to shape content into compelling and memorable stories.
- 60 minutes - “Why have you started your own business?” - Participants will work in pairs to develop their “why” story by applying the principles from the presentation to what they have prepared.
- 60 minutes - Telling Your Why Story - Each participant will share a “why” story with the group for feedback.
- 15 minutes - Transform Your Personal Story into a Call-to-Action - A presentation will demonstrate how to relate your personal story to specific audiences for your business needs.
- 30 minutes - Crafting Your Business Story - Breaking into pairs again, participants will revise their “why” story for the particular audience and call-to-action chosen to focus on.
- 45 minutes - Refining Your Story - Focusing on the participants who will present at the Showdown, Terrence will lead the group in revising and refining their stories.
$199 - Intensive workshop on individual material, live pitching and feedback. Attendance limited to 10.
7-9 PM - EVENT: Storytelling Showdown - Tell your story to our panel of Investors and Marketing Pros
Come hear the stories workshopped earlier in Terence Mickey’s intensive course as they are presented to a panel of investors and marketing pros. Find out firsthand what it takes to tell a compelling story and how you can apply storytelling to the business world. Food & drink are provided and networking is encouraged.
$10 includes beer & food